- Philosophy of Toyon Literary Magazine
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University
Philosophy of Toyon Literary Magazine
For more information, please see Toyon Literary Magazine Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original literary or artistic work (i.e., visual art, spoken word art, audio files, literary texts, literary criticism, and original translations) to be considered for publication in Toyon Literary Magazine provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the piece.
General Submission Rules
Submitted works cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series, at a reading event, in a classroom, or on a blog does not constitute prior publication; however, the editorial staff does ask that previous circulation of the work be noted on the submission form. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Toyon Literary Magazine, please contact faculty advisor Dr. Janelle Adsit at Janelle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full submission guidelines, please visit: https://www.toyonliterarymagazine.org/submit.html
Rights for Authors and Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the work, Toyon reserves non-exclusive rights to reproduce, display, and distribute the work in print, online, or other media platforms. Print rights return to the author after first publication in Toyon and personal-use exceptions are granted to all contributors, as described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the work or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University, requires credit to Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University as copyright holder (e.g., Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University © 2021).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University provided the author does not alter the format or content of the works, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the work on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the work stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the work on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the work on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the work on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should include their query in the submission form with full details about previous publication history of pieces submitted.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University website and/or software agree not to misuse the Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University service or software in any way.
The failure of Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Digital Commons @ Humboldt State University and the Author(s) regarding submission of the work.