"Summer in Humboldt means it’s time to enjoy our outdoor beauty, hit the rivers and beaches, hike in the mountains and do some camping. Now there’s something else you might want to add to your Insta-worthy summer bucket list: llama packing!
On this week’s episode of Humboldt Holding Up Keagan Trischum — co-owner of Luna’s Llama Adventures — teaches us all about llamas and why they make great hiking companions, whether in the mountains, woods or on the beach. Topics discussed with Trischum include:
- The four llamas of Luna’s Llamas — Tango, Axel, Angel and Bon Bon — and where they came from
- How to book a llama for an adventure or just a visit
- Why llama nanobodies have been used in COVID research
- What do Llamas sound like?
- Do llamas spit? (Yes, they do. But not usually at humans.)"