HUMBOLDT HOLDING UP: Let’s Talk Cannabis! HCGA Director Natalynne DeLapp on the Sun Valley Weed Farm, the Drought and Other Issues Impacting the Industry
"You’ve probably never heard this before, but cannabis plays a large role in Humboldt County’s economy. So much so, in fact, that some people refer to Humboldt as the “Napa Valley” of cannabis (another thing you’ve probably never heard a million times).
That is why the Humboldt County Growers Alliance (HCGA) is working to preserve and protect our local cannabis industry, advocating for small, local growers and promoting cannabis education.
On this week’s episode of Humboldt Holding Up, Natalynne DeLapp — HCGA’s executive director — shares about her organization’s work, maintaining the Humboldt cannabis “brand” and the HCGA’s stance against the proposed large-scale Sun Valley weed farm.
Other topics discussed with DeLapp include:
- Working with the City of Eureka to allow cannabis consumption at events
- How California’s drought is affecting local farmers.
- How HCGA got its start after legalization
- DeLapp’s feelings on the black/traditional market
- Why she’ll never smoke out of a gravity bong again