"It’s hard to decide exactly where to begin while introducing this week’s guest on Humboldt Holding Up, because this gal just does so damn much in our community!
We’re talking about Natalie Arroyo — a Eureka city councilmember, ensign for the U.S. Coast Guard, senior planner with the Natural Resources Division of the Redwood Community Action Agency (RCAA), a Rutabaga Queen, roller derby player and probably other stuff we’re forgetting — who was kind enough to join the Outpost and talk about many topics, including:
- Does Arroyo plan to run for the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors?
- The Eureka City Council’s first in-person meeting, after more than a year on Zoom
- The City’s controversial plan to build housing on parking lots
- The ongoing investigation of hateful texts sent by Eureka Police officers
- Arroyo’s role as an ensign with the U.S. Coast Guard
- What the heck does the RCAA actually do?
- Arroyo’s band Blood Gnome and what will be cute in the future
- How she ended up in Humboldt and what is good about her home state, Florida"