"When it comes to fashion, is there a Humboldt look? To explore this question of regional trends, on this week’s episode of Humboldt Holding Up — LoCO’s pandemic-era podcast — we speak with Jason Brandi, owner and clothing designer at Humboldt Republic, whose fashions you’ve undoubtedly seen Humboldt-wide, whether you’re in town, on a hike, or on the hill. Topics discussed this edition include:
- This week’s break-in at Brandi’s Fourth Street Eureka shop
- Transitioning from throwing events a decade ago at the Red Fox Tavern, Nocturnum and other local venues to full-time making clothes for a devoted following
- The thought process that goes into designing clothes for a specific geographic region
- Adapting his business approach to meet the demands of the last year’s COVID world
- Learning from critiques of past designs
- Navigating reaction to his popular parody designs"